Pennsylvania Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey
A survey of more than 1,150 Pennsylvania adults, conducted from Oct. 30, 2020 to Dec. 10, 2020, found that:
- 1 in 2 experienced healthcare affordability burdens in the past year;
- 3 in 4 are worried about affording healthcare in the future;
- 3 in 5 are worried about affording treatment for COVID-19 if they need it;
- Nearly 7 in 10 identified healthcare as the top issue the government should address in the coming year; and
- Across party lines, 9 in 10 expressed support for a broad array of government led solutions.
Altarum’s Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey (CHESS) is designed to elicit respondents’ unbiased views on a wide range of health system issues, including confidence using the health system, financial burden and views on fixes that might be needed.
Below are Data Briefs with statewide and regional survey results.